Crunchyroll is a streaming service that offers Anime and Asian Drama and with English subtitles for free. The platform also offers premium features and that too for a monthly fee.
Crunchyroll is a American publishing, distributing, licensing and producing company. It primarily focuses on streaming the anime, manga and dorama content so online. A group from the University Of California laid the foundation stone since 2006. This distribution channel and partnership program delivers content to over 100 million registered users worldwide. The site has recently launched it’s Beta Version too. The site and the app is rapidly gaining popularity and standing out from the rest of the platforms in the monopolistic market.
The Major Takeovers:
- On December 9, 2020, Funimation and its owner Sony announced that they had reached a deal with AT&T and Warner Media to acquire Crunchyroll for around US$1.175 billion. Since, the Global Anime Distribution Rights considered this as a violation outside the East Asia.
- Lately Funimation has confirmed about the entire takeover of Crunchyroll’s since bringing two major streaming titles under the Sony Entertainment Pictures.
- The deal is almost $1.2 billion and more than 5 million subscribers on board.
- Sony Pictures have further commenced this as the golden opportunity because it will “enlarge the distribution channel” and “expand fan-centric offers to the customers.”
- The Funimation Content Moving to Crunchyroll for World’s Largest Anime Library and since will serve millions of anime fans in and over 52 countries and 10 languages.
- The latest episodes are from:- Demon Slayer : Kimetsu no Yaiba, Rusted Armours, and Boruto: Naruto Next Generation, Naruto Shipuden, Fire Force, etc.
The Crunchyroll Lineup:
- Tokyo 24th Ward.
- Ranking Of Kings.
- I’m Kodama Kawashiri.
- The Case Study Of Vanita’s and
- My Dress-up Darling, etc
Crunchyroll and Funimation enter this new era together to bring together a vibrant community of anime fans, creators, and artists.
Stay connected with TheNostalgistFilm for more updates.